Council elects the Leader of the Council and the Leader is then responsible for:
· determining the size of the Cabinet (2 or more to a maximum of 9 plus the Leader);
· appointing the members of the Cabinet including the Deputy Leader;
· allocating portfolios or areas of responsibility to the various Cabinet Members;
· Determining the scheme of delegation for the discharge of the executive functions of the Council, and
· Removing and replacing Cabinet members.
The Cabinet is responsible for taking key decisions on behalf of the Council and individual cabinet members are responsible for taking non-key decisions.
Cabinet meets monthly and alternates between Lancaster and Morecambe Town Halls.
Support officer: Liz Bateson, Democratic Services - telephone (01524) 582047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 01524 582047