(Cabinet Member with Special Responsibility Councillor Heath)
Report of Director for Economic Growth and Regeneration
Cabinet received a report from the Director for Economic Growth & Regeneration and were asked to consider a draft Economic Reopening, Recovery and Renewal Framework. The framework provided a broad approach that was intended to form the basis of the council’s support for the economy following the COVID pandemic, covering the short, medium and longer term.
The options, options analysis, including risk assessment and officer preferred option, were set out in the report as follows:
As a result of questions, the following suggestions were made:
· The bullet point in relation to ‘Green transport improvements’ within the Building a big, green and sustainable future priority be re-written;
· The role of community wealth building be expanded within the framework.
· That the COVID impact study be circulated to Cabinet when available.
Councillor Heath proposed, seconded by Councillor Hamilton-Cox:-
“That the recommendations, as set out in the report, be approved.”
Councillors then voted:-
(1) That the Economic Reopening, Recovery and Renewal Framework be approved as the basis of the council’s support for the economy following the COVID pandemic.
(2) That Cabinet notes that specific projects and actions within the framework are subject to the council’s normal decision making and governance processes.
Officer responsible for effecting the decision:
Director for Economic Growth & Regeneration
Reasons for making the decision:
The proposed framework is consistent with the council’s policy framework and agreed Principles, Ambitions and Outcomes. The framework is pragmatic and flexible and will allow for both proactive and responsive support bearing in mind local needs and opportunities. Decisions relating to any specific actions or projects will be managed within the council’s normal governance arrangements, taking into account resource implications in the usual way. An important principle behind the Framework is partnership working at the local and subregional level, which enables an informed and holistic approach, brings together joint resources around shared priorities and supports strong engagement at all levels.