Venue: Lancaster Town Hall
Contact: Democratic Services: telephone (01524) 582656 or email: email@example.com
Minutes of meeting held on 3rd February 2020 (previously circulated).
The minutes of the meeting held on 3rd February 2020, subject to an amendment noted at item 96, were signed by the Chair as a correct record.
Items of Urgent Business authorised by the Chair
There were no items of urgent business.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations by Councillors of interests in respect of items on this Agenda.
Councillors are reminded that, in accordance with the Localism Act 2011, they are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary interests which have not already been declared in the Council’s Register of Interests. (It is a criminal offence not to declare a disclosable pecuniary interest either in the Register or at the meeting).
Whilst not a legal requirement, in accordance with Council Procedure Rule 9 and in the interests of clarity and transparency, Councillors should declare any disclosable pecuniary interests which they have already declared in the Register, at this point in the meeting.
In accordance with Part B Section 2 of the Code Of Conduct, Councillors are required to declare the existence and nature of any other interests as defined in paragraphs 8(1) or 9(2) of the Code of Conduct.
Councillor Dave Brookes declared an interest in agenda item A5 19/01464/FUL RSPB, Leighton Moss, Storrs Lane, Yealand Redmayne. The reason being that he is a member of the RSPB. Councillor Brookes stated that he would be viewing the application fairly and with an open mind.
Councillor Sandra Thornberry declared an interest in agenda item A5 19/01464/FUL RSPB, Leighton Moss, Storrs Lane, Yealand Redmayne. The reason being that she is a member of the RSPB. Councillor Thornberry stated that she would be viewing the application fairly and with an open mind.
There were no other declarations of interest.
Alterations to land levels to create ditches,
bunds, pools and an island feature and the installation of a sluice
to form an area of raised water
It was proposed by Councillor Keith Budden and seconded by Councillor Tim Dant:
“That the application be approved subject to the conditions set out in the Committee Report.”
Upon being put to the vote, 11 Councillors voted in favour of the proposition, with 1 against, whereupon the Chair declared the proposal to be carried.
That the application be approved subject to the following conditions:
1. Standard three year timescale.
2. Approved plans.
3. Archaeological Watching Brief.
4. Ecological mitigation – timing of works informed by breeding bird surveys; otter mitigation.
Demolition of existing buildings and erection
of eight industrial units comprising mixed use Light Industrial
(B1) and Storage and Distribution (B8) with associated access road
and parking(pursuant to the variation of condition 2 on planning
permission 17/00731/FUL to amend the approved cladding and
rooflight sizes and to include an extension to unit 1)
It was proposed by Councillor Richard Austen-Baker and seconded by Councillor Janice Hanson:
“That the application be approved, subject to the following conditions set out in the Committee Report, with an amendment to condition 7.”
Upon being put to the vote, Councillors voted unanimously in favour of the proposition, whereupon the Chair declared the proposal to be carried.
That the application be approved, subject to the following conditions:
1. Approved plans.
3. Tree protection measures.
4. Surface water drainage.
5. Finished floor and site levels.
6. Materials, boundary treatments and external lighting.
7. Landscaping scheme to include details for the planting of new trees, details of the arboricultural methodology for pruning/tidying up of the lopped and other retained trees, ongoing maintenance details including arboricultural methodology and details of replacement planting should the proposed/existing landscaping fail.
8. Implementation of car parking and turning.
9. Creation of visibility splays.
10. Hours of construction.
11. Hours of operation and deliveries.
12. Restriction of permitted development to B1(c) and B8.
13. Only occupied/ operated as individual business units, not amalgamated or subdivided and no one business shall operate from more than one unit.
14. No external storage or materials or equipment.
Councillor Richard Austen-Baker left the meeting at this point and did not return.
Councillors received Quarterly Planning Reports from the Development Management service.
That the report be noted. The Chair commended the Planning Application team for their work.
The Head of Planning and Place submitted a Schedule of Planning Applications dealt with under the Scheme of Delegation of Planning Functions to Officers.
That the report be noted.