Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet received a report from the Director for Communities and the Environment which sought Cabinet support to apply for further schemes and approve the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme funding. Should an offer be forthcoming it was noted that any final acceptance by a Director was subject to S151 officer consent following due diligence.
The options, options analysis, including risk assessment and officer preferred option, were set out in the report as follows:
The Officer Preferred Option is Option 1: Approve the Proposal. That Cabinet support the proposal and enable officers to progress with the schemes in line with the required delivery deadline. The proposal effectively mirrors the previous arrangements and approvals provided for the original scheme at SALC.
Councillor Matthews proposed, seconded by Councillor Caroline Jackson:-
“That the recommendations, as set out in the report, be approved.”
Councillors then voted:-
(1) That Cabinet supports the application for further schemes and approve the PSDS funding should an offer be forthcoming noting that any final acceptance by a Director is subject to S151 officer consent following due diligence checks, in accordance with the Council’s own financial procedure rules.
(2) That, subject to the acceptance of an offer for external funding, Cabinet approves the reallocation of £2M unspent funding in respect of further decarbonisation projects across the HRA and approve the necessary adjustments between the General Fund and HRA capital programmes.
(3) That Cabinet supports the request to provide delegated authority to the Chief Executive to award the associated contracts when a decision is ready to be made.
Officers responsible for effecting the decision:
Director for Communities and the Environment
Chief Finance Officer
Reasons for making the decision:
The decision is consistent with the following priorities and cross-cutting themes:
· An inclusive and prosperous local economy. A proportion of the overall evaluation will include an element of social value, in line with the procurement strategy and contract procedure rules.
· Climate Emergency – Net zero 2030 ambition. Collectively, the sheltered schemes listed within the report produce 15% of the council’s natural gas emissions.
Publication date: 20/09/2021
Date of decision: 14/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 14/09/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 28/09/2021